In the new world that all of us live in, we here about job losses more than ever before. Companies close down, they downsize due to loss of business, and sometimes move to distant work locations, forcing people to quit. In a few cases, separation takes place when employees skills and abilities are not matching with what the company requires.
1. Identify the areas that you can focus on to reskill / retrain yourself. It is often guided by your career goals, but could also be influenced by what is the market looking for.
2. In addition to this, there may be opportunities to get certified in your field of work, which may be of interest to potential recruiters
3. Identify ways in which you can make yourself more visible and known to the right people in the industry.
4. Update your profile and market your strengths it in the best possible manner
5. Prepare you for facing the interview, through mock interviews and feedback
6. Identify and leverage your network to get the right opportunities
7. Ensure that you utilize your available time effectively
Once you are out of the organization where you were working, you have little or negligible support available from your colleagues, managers and friends. At this juncture, it is important for you to seek the right kind of help, to get you back in action and also avoid getting into a similar situation in the future. Contact GetCoached to get back to work!